Accidents may happen unintentionally. It is unplanned or predicted because it happens for different reasons, not just one. These accidents usually happen on streets, either being hit by a vehicle or driving a car and getting in an accident. What happens if hit by an 18-wheeler truck?
What accident claims do you deserve? Being involved in this kind of accident is more of a nightmare than a car accident. The regular automobiles are roughly the same size, while tractor-trailers are massive.
Life will change! Anybody hit by these vehicles can be entitled to vehicular accident claims, including an 18-wheeler accident. If you are a victim of this kind of accident, get an 18 wheeler accident attorney to assist you legally.
What is an 18-wheeler accident?
An 18-wheeler accident has two terms, namely:
- Semi-truck accident
- Tractor-trailer accident
These can have serious and potentially devastating consequences due to the size and weight of these large commercial vehicles.
Understanding the difference between car accidents and 18-wheeler accidents
Before getting a lawyer to help you legally, you need to know first which right accident specialist you need. There are four differences between these two types of accidents:
Amount of damage. Damage is limited when two cars collide. A semi-truck causes more damage because it is much larger.
- Experience of drivers. Passenger car drivers have a standard-issued driver’s license. The truck operators are professionals. They hold special licenses. Commercial motor vehicle drivers are trained to avoid accidents as they drive for a living.
- Number of injured parties. The normal-size car holds many people. The drivers and passengers in car accidents may be the only people injured. An 18-wheeler truck can wipe out multiple cars, pedestrians, buses, and road construction crews.
- Size of vehicles involved. The semi-trucks are bigger compared to an average car. If the two vehicles are tangled up, the size wins against speed.
How does an 18-wheeler accident attorney help get your claims?
The 18-wheeler attorney can help you in several ways:
- File a lawsuit
- Investigate an accident
- Negotiate on the client’s behalf
- Helps decide when to settle
- Works on a contingency basis
Take the case to trial
A semi-truck or 18-wheeler accident lawyer evaluates every aspect of the case. It determines the defendants in your case and the compensation to claim. The lawyer files your claim before the statute limitations expiration, reducing the risk of the lawsuit getting tossed.
Suffering from an injury not at fault, you are entitled to compensation or claim.