Students study abroad process this year has taken a different turn as they have relied heavily on education consultants. International education consultants assist local students in studying abroad by representing the best study abroad consultants universities in their home countries. The QS International Student Survey reported that one out of five international students used the agent’s services.
Since many prospective students worldwide first contact overseas with an overseas education consultant, they have played a significant role in student recruitment. A large increase in students opting for the service with the best study abroad consultants has been reported in QS’ International student survey. When considering studying abroad, students are looking for recommendations from education agents to assist with deadlines, fees and processes, as well as other crucial factors.
What should you look for when choosing an overseas education consultant?
- What is their experience as international education consultants?
- What is their experience with the country where they plan to study abroad?
- Which universities and colleges do they have that offer a wide range of courses?
- Has the university of your choice signed an agency agreement with them?
- Have you visited the country where you intend to study with a consultant or counsellor?
- Is their knowledge of the university system in the country deep enough to help students with higher education?
- Were they attentive, eager, and interested in your requirements?
- Are they explaining why and how much funding you will need for your chosen study abroad program if your budget is low?
- Would they be able to tell you about university entry requirements, course duration, fees, intakes, available scholarships & admissions criteria?
- When will the process be completed?